Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 6: Famous Last Words


This past week was another hectic one for me. I had a huge lab practical for my Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy class so many hours were put towards studying for it. One thing that I continually catch myself doing is falling behind in this online course when I have other things going on in my other classes, such as this lab practical. I really needing to stay on top of this course rather than putting it to the side to focus on my other ones. This is going to be my goal going forth from this week.
In my last Famous Last Words post I talked about my volunteer work with Second Chance Animal Shelter. This past weekend I spent some more time with them. They had their Dog Days adoption event at Adams Park yesterday and I was out there for it. They were able to send home five puppies to their new forever homes! Yay! There were two other shelters there as well as Second Chance who got some of their dogs adopted I’m just not sure how many. It seemed like a pretty successful event where in addition to dogs being adopted they raised money through donations, raffle tickets, and other concessions. I even won a raffle prize that had a couple gift cards in it so that was exciting!
Looking forward to this upcoming week I intend on using it as my catch up/ get ahead week. I’ve been kind of slacking lately and I really don’t want to get caught in a bigger slump than what I am in right now. Hopefully when I write my Famous Last Words next weekend I will be able to say I got a lot done and caught up on all of my classes! Here is to positive and proactive thinking!
being-proactive

3 comments:

  1. I understand what you are going through and wanting to catch up. I tend to put my online assignments off because I have an anatomy class to study for as well. It is difficult to find a good balance because there is so much work that needs to be done. I often feel like there are not enough hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you are going through and wanting to catch up. I tend to put my online assignments off because I have an anatomy class to study for as well. It is difficult to find a good balance because there is so much work that needs to be done. I often feel like there are not enough hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get being behind and needing to catch up. It is difficult for me to put this class ahead of my others because it does not pertain to my major! It is hard to find a good balance for me to get things done because I have so much going on I feel there are not enough hours in the day! I really want to finish this class early, but with the rate I'm going that is probably not going to happen! Here's to trying to get everything together! Good luck! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete