Thursday, August 27, 2015

Storybook Favorites

Searching through the storybooks it didn't take me long to find three that caught my eye.

The first one that got me was at the top of the list. The Never-Ending Love Story grabbed my attention because I'm a complete sucker for sappy love stories. Scrolling through the Introduction we learn that its written from the point of view of Death and he details that not even he can tear apart true love. It follows the lives of two lovers through time and space. No matter what obstacles they may face their love always finds a way.

The second one was Gossip Greeks. I have always had a huge problem with gossiping with my friends. I always get sucked in to whatever drama is going on in literally everyone's lives. The author put an interesting twist on some stories from Greek myth by gossiping about them with other women. She tells them stories of other women in a way that entices the gossipers and leaves them wanting more. Which is what any good piece of gossip does to a person.

Lastly, I stumbled upon Tales of Beauty and the Beast. This was a no brainer for me to stop and survey because Beauty and the Beast is my absolute favorite Disney movie. When I was a little girl I always hoped I would one day grow up to be Belle, or at least a princess just like her. Don't you just love the imagination of a child?  The author told the story in a completely new perspective unlike any I have seen before. She told it as if she herself was the book in which the story was printed on. This of course made me reminisce about the beloved Disney cartoon in which all the servants of Beast's castle were transformed into household objects that could talk. The author broke the story into three different pieces and in each one it was a different version from the original.

All three pieces were very creative and provided intriguing reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment