Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Reading Diary B: Alice and Wonderland


In the second half of the Alice in Wonderland Unit Alice has tea with the Hare and Mad Hatter, plays croquet with the Queen of Hearts, and takes part in a trial. At the very end of the unit, Alice wakes up and realizes her crazy adventure had merely been a dream. I don’t think I will ever quite understand this story. It’s very odd I don’t know how Lewis Carroll could have come up with such crazy ideas (without the help of drugs). My favorite part in this second section of the unit was the tea party, even though they didn’t sing a very merry unbirthday song. I think I enjoyed this section the most because of the banter between Alice, the Mad Hatter, the Hare, and the Doormouse. Alice is so rude! It was very comical to me to listen to her griping about them not having manners when she was being just as wicked. Now I am really in the mood to go watch the movie…  

No comments:

Post a Comment