Monday, September 28, 2015

Famous Last Words


This past week I had a lot to accomplish! I had three exams so it was a very stressful time! On Tuesday I had Principles of Physiology, Thursday- Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy, and on Friday I had Organic Chemistry. I studied like crazy and did well on all three! As proud of myself as I am for my exam scores the best thing I did this past week was the time I spent volunteering at Second Chance Animal Shelter. I have never been there before but I went this weekend with my honors fraternity Gamma Beta Phi. While there I did a lot of general housekeeping tasks such as sweeping, mopping, et cetera. My favorite part was giving the puppies baths! I’m a huge animal lover so giving the dogs some love made my whole week. I was able to learn a lot about the establishment as well. The workers rescue abused animals, those deemed unadoptable, and others who are about to be euthanized at other shelters. Hence giving these animals a second chance at life. This is a really wonderful organization that pairs up with local veterinarians to provide these dogs and cats with healthcare and surgeries they may be in need of. This is one of the things that can deem an animal unadoptable and sentence them to death. I had a great time with the other members of my group and I plan on becoming more involved with Second Chance.  I really encourage others to do the same! Whether it is volunteering, donating needed items, or giving a furry friend a forever home we can all make a huge impact on these animals’ lives! There are a lot of really sweet animals there that just want a family! I would take them all home if I could… Thanks no pet policy at OU Traditions! :)
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristin! Wow how awesome that all your studying paid off in ALL three of your exams! Thats amazing! I know that is literally my favorite feeling during school, studying your butt off and getting the scores you needed! I love volunteering at animal shelters; I volunteer at the animal shelter in my hometown, Edmond!

    ReplyDelete