Monday, September 28, 2015

Thoughts and Comments

Overall when looking through the comments people have made on my posts everyone is really friendly. I enjoy reading comments on my storytelling posts the most. I like seeing others feedback it makes me feel like I have done a good job in being creative with my retellings. I haven't received much criticism so I feel receiving a little bit more critical feedback would help me in developing my storytelling. When I comment on other peoples storytelling posts I try to be encouraging but also point out anything I feel could help the author for future posts.  Personally, I feel we sometimes "fluff up" our comments. We do it simply because it is an assignment. I think it would help all of us if we all became a bit more critical with our comments. This will only help us to become better writers if the reader points out errors, styles that just don't work, or other things. Right now the bulk of us just say good job and what we liked best. This helps the author some if the reader enjoyed a writing style the author employed but it doesn't do much more than that. I would like it if I received a little bit more criticism from others in the class. I know this would only help me to achieve my potential as a writer by learning more from my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment