Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Reading Diary B: Bible Women

In this second reading of Bible Women we read more stories of the important female figures in the Christian faith. My favorite definitely has to be the story of Mary. She is without a doubt the most important woman within the Bible. The story of the virginal conception and the birth of Jesus is the first story kids learn in Sunday school or from their parents. Any child brought up in the church will recreate this story during their Christmas Eve service.

I also really enjoy the story of Martha and Mary who are the sisters of Lazarus. This is another story I have known since I was child. It is one of the miracles that Jesus preformed when he brought Lazarus back to life after he had been dead for four days. The story is one of the many that show the true power of God, "for with God nothing shall be impossible". This is one thing that I hold on to dearly and is very important in my life.
Virgin Mary by malte12

No comments:

Post a Comment